Needless to say, we've definitely had our April showers, so I think we are due for those May flowers! Floral prints are pretty ubiquitous in fashion this season. They are popping up on everything and we are thrilled! With the May Day Spring Fling tomorrow & Flower and Fruit Mission's Spring Luncheon just two weeks away, what better time to add a little flower power to your wardrobe? Read on for some of our favorites...
We are loving all the black florals in style this season. A bit Victorian, a touch Gothic, but still feminine and lovely, black florals are graphic and show stopping. A perfect floral for the women looking for a little edge with her blooms.
1. You can't mention florals without a little (or a lot of)Ted Baker. This romper is next to perfect.
2. Vegan leather coin purse by Lavishy. Get it locally at Silverwood.
3. Stripes are huge this season as well- kill two birds with this adorable top.
4. More by Mr. Baker... these sneaks with gold accents are just awesome.
5. Spring is the perfect season for scarves (you'll see why in our upcoming Moment of Me article). This gauzy option from Banana Republic is beautiful.
If high tea and garden parties are more your speed, then there are plenty of light and dainty florals to choose from. We loved these pieces with more traditional prints:
1. Ok, maybe it's a little early to break out the swim suit in Saratoga, but you can always plan ahead. This teeny bikini's pattern was just too cute to pass up. And just wait until you see the back on it!
2. Gucci crossbody with floral embellishment. Needs no further explanation, we think.
3. Yup, moreTed Baker. I mean... this dress? Timeless and eye-catching.
4. These Tahari heels combine the lace-up style that is so on trend this year with a floral pattern. Cute and sexy!
And finally, for something that tows the line perfectly between the two trends... this mod little number by BCBG, available locally at Violet's! Love.